TOOL DRAWER MEASURING
Measure and record the width and length of your tool chest drawer in inches, rounding down to the nearest eighth of an inch. ToolLodge® is about 7/8″ thick and works great in drawers with 2-4” clearance, depending upon the tool profile.
Organizers should easily slide into the drawer without pressure. ToolLodge recommends physically measuring the drawer, allowing for tabs, rivets and screws. Most manufacturers’ drawer size specifications do not account for internal hardware in the drawer. And many manufacturers’ specifications are not internal drawer measurements.
Measure twice, order once.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Download Instructions for Use (.pdf):
Note: Indentations are permanent. Finalize the layout before impressing tools.
- Place the ToolLodge® organizer in the empty tool drawer to check the initial fit
- ToolLodge® should fit loosely. Remove/extend the drawer as needed
- Place ToolLodge® on a smooth and sturdy work surface
- Gently place tools as you see fit, leaving a 1″ margin
- Avoid dropping tools on the organizer as they may dent the surface
- Press each tool into place by applying pressure to make permanent impressions
- Use a hammer to make deeper impressions to hold the tool
- Larger tools may require pressing/tapping one end of the tool at a time
- Use the included grip tool to make small, adjacent indentations for easier access to tools